Use and installation
Temporary shelters can only be:
- used to store road, recreational and off-road vehicles and boats;
- set-up on parking spaces.
- at a minimum distance of 1 meter from any property line (2 meters (6.6 feet) from a sidewalk if applicable)
- installed between October 15 and April 15 of each year.
Temporary car shelters must be removed no later than April 15th. If the structure is still trapped in snow and ice by April 15th, please contact the Urbanism Service at 450-424-8000 ext. 242 for further instructions.
After this date, offenders are liable to fines ranging between $100 and $1000 per day of infraction.
No permit is required.
* Temporary shelters for commercial vehicles are also permitted under certain conditions. Please contact the Planning Department for more information.