Become a hero in 30 minutes flat!
About the Hero in Thirty program
The Hero in Thirty© program is an initiative of the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux in collaboration with the Quebec Heart and Stroke Foundation and Urgences‑santé. Over 4,000 instructors certified by the Quebec Heart and Stroke Foundation offer this training in Quebec. To date, the Town of Saint‑Lazare’s public safety and fire safety department has trained more than 1 000 residents and students.
Training details and conditions
First off, please note that these sessions will be provided in French only*. Training will take place on Wednesday, May 23 in the morning and Wednesday, May 30 in the evening at the Saint‑Lazare fire station (located at 1800 Bédard Avenue); should the training sessions prove to be very popular, additional sessions will be planned at a later date.
- A total of three 30-minute sessions will be held each day
- Each group will consist of a maximum of 24 participants
- Participants will be grouped according to age
- Participants must be at least 60 years of age
- Participants must be residents of Saint-Lazare
(proof of residence, such as a Resident ID Card, will be required on the day of training)
Registration online starting April 25, 2018 :
- must register online or by phone
- will receive:
- registration confirmation by email
- an email reminder 5 days before the day of the training session
Give someone else your spot! Please notify the Fire Department at least 24 hours in advance.
If the session is "full"
The Fire Department will give you the opportunity to put your name on
- a waiting list in case there are any cancellations
- a waiting list for future training sessions
|Training 2018||Cost||Age group||Date||Schedule of 30-minute courses||Question period (free ‑ optional)||Number of available spots|
| At the fire station
(1800 avenue Bédard)
in FRENCH ONLY
|Free||60 years old and +||Wednesday, May 23||8:30 - 9 a.m.||9:00 to 9:30 a.m.||9 / 12|
|Wednesday, May 23||9:30 –10 a.m.||10:00 to 10:30 a.m.||12 / 12|
|Wednesday, May 30||7- 7:30 p.m.||7:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.||11 / 12|
|Wednesday, May 30||8 – 8:30 p.m.||8:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.||12 / 12|
Still have questions?
If you need clarification on the training sessions to be offered,
contact the public safety and fire safety department at 450 424-800, extension 215 or by email at .