Outdoor pools and accessories
A permit is mandatory:
A pool must be located in the rear setback, backyard or side yard.
The following minimum distances must be respected:
- 2 meters between the pool and the property lines (including any structure providing access to the pool, the filtration system, the water heater and the heat pump)
- 2 meters between the pool and a main building or ancillary building;
- 1 meter between the pool and any water filtration and water heating devices;
- all water filtration and water heating devices must be positioned to prevent climbing access to the pool;
- 4.60 meters between the pool and overhead electrical wires;
- the pool, the water filtration and heating devices as well as any structure providing access to the pool must never be installed over the septic drain field.
Access to an above-ground pool
- The steps or ladder providing access to the pool must be removed or raised when the pool is not being used;
- If the above-ground pool is accessible from a deck or platform with steps leading to the ground, access to the pool must be restricted with a 1.20 meter high self-closing/locking gate blocking the steps.
Rescue and life-saving equipment
A pool must be equipped with the following life-saving equipment in locations accessible at all times:
- a fiberglass non conductive reaching pole at least 30 cm longer than half the width or diameter of the pool;
- a lifebuoy attached to a cable at least as long as the width or diameter of the pool;
- a first-aid kit.