Direct financial aid for residents - recreation
a). Deadline to submit a request
- Your request must be submitted before 4:30 p.m. on 31 January each year for a receipt or receipts issued in the previous year (even if it overlaps 2 calendar years )
(Ex. a receipt or receipts issued in 2017 must be submitted before January 31, 2018)
- The refund:
- will be made within 180 days of submitting your request;
- will be made by cheque payable to the person you will indicate on the paper or online form;
- In person: please go to the Leisures Department (1301 Rue du Bois).
- Children under 18 years old
- 60 years old and over
- Suitable sports, physical or cultural activities, held in Canada;
- Practised for a minimal duration of 8 consecutive weeks (regardless if it overlaps 2 calendar years) except for a child living with a handicap: 8 weeks, not necessarily consecutive, but over a maximal 12‑month period;
- Excludes any purchase or rental of equipment.
e). Make sure you scan (or take pictures of):
- All required IDs if you are claiming for multiple participants:
- All required resident ID cards
- Medicare card
- All receipts on the same page if possible or in a same PDF
- Your signature (and that of your paret if you are a minor
- Access the online form here
- We recommend you use the online form. If you are unable to complete it online, please contact the recreation department at 450-424-8000, ext. 216 to get a paper copy.